We thank Austin architect, Sinclair Black, FAIA, for kicking off our Year-End Giving Campaign with a generous gift of $25,000.
We ask you to Join Sinclair Black and remember AFA in Your Year-End Giving Plans for 2018
Your generosity makes all the difference!
We rely on your support.
Over the last 10 years, AFA donors have made possible numerous design-minded projects, educational programs and leadership development opportunities for people from all walks of life across our great city.
30% of AFA grants have funded educational programs that benefit K-12 schools and children across Austin:
- Architecture in the Schools
- ecoRise Youth Innovation
- Austin History Center Oral History Project
- ACE Mentor Program
- Six-Square Austin’s Black Cultural District Discover Austin Heritage Map
More than 50% of AFA grants have funded general interest design-minded programs that benefit the public across a broad socio-economic spectrum:
- Tiny Victories Design Competition for Community First! Village
- Women in Architecture Exhibition
- The Contemporary Austin Rooftop Architecture Film Series
- Never Built Texas / The Austin History Center Oral Histories Project
- The Umlauf Architecture Lecture series
- Archi-Talks at Articulture Design
- Creative Action’s Color Squad Project
- Preservation Austin’s Historic Austin Tours
- Latinos in Architecture’s East Austin Roundtable
- Austin History Center’s Dewey Mears Photography Collection
10% of AFA grants have funded leadership-development opportunities for design-industry professionals and people who support the built environment in their work:
- Leadership Austin
- Women in Architecture Leadership Summit
- AIA Grass Roots Conference
- The Psychology of Architecture Conference
- Latinos in Architecture Scholarships
- DV3x2 Internship
Our Built Environment Reflects What we Value as a Community. The people and programs AFA supports are making Austin a better place to live, work and play. AFA is now a 501c3 organization. Your donation is tax 100% deductible. Please donate here today.
Why Give to the Austin Foundation for Architecture?
The Austin Foundation for Architecture relies upon donations from individuals, companies, and business leaders like you. Your donations directly influence the educational, public interest and leadership development programs that AFA is able to fund from year-to-year. Your donations support our goal of increasing the number and magnitude of grants we fund to enhance the urban experience for us all.
Now as the official outreach partner of AIA Austin, the role of AFA will expand. Our mission to support educational, public interest and leadership development endeavors remains. In addition to funding grants that non-architectural groups and individuals bring to us, we will also fund grants for programs, projects and events of AIA-Austin and promote these beyond our professional peer group into the community for broader reaching participation and benefit.
The programs and people AFA supports are making Austin a better place to live, work and play.